India mourns the loss of actor Irrfaan Khan. This news hit hard for all the indians. 2020 is not a good one for the world. First, coronavirus, now death of Irrfan khan. His family must be going through a lot. His mother passed away last week. He’s touted as one of the legendary actors in the bollywood industry. coming with no background, he worked his way through to the legendary status. He has also done Hollywood movies, namely Spiderman and Jurassic park. for someone who couldn’t afford a ticket for jusrassic park. 20 years after, he acted in the Jurassic park series. This speaks for itself. His hardwork and dedication and giving his 100% in anything he does is what makes him the great actor.
Battling already with the cancer, he rushed to the hospital day before yesterday due to Colon infection. His last movie was Angrezi medium starring Kareena kapoor.He was buried at the versova kabrastan in Mumbai at 3pm this afternoon after the news of his passing away was announced.
PM narendra modi reacted to Irrfan Khan’s demis – ” Irrfan Khan’s demise is a loss to the world of cinema and theatre. He will be remembered for his versatile performances across different mediums. My thoughts are with his family, friends and admirers. May his soul rest in peace.”
Some of the other celebrities reacting to the news:
- No stereotypical looks, no six-pack, no fancy dance steps, no dynastic claim to a place in Bollywood. It was just talent & a breathtaking screen presence. #IrrfanKhan your courage to speak up when others chose silence was your biggest asset & will be missed the most. God speed. – Omar Abdullah
- Words fail to describe my sense of shock and horror to learn about Irrfan Khan’s passing away. My prayers and deepest condolences are with the family at this grave hour. India’s lost one of her biggest icons today. Our world left for the poorer… – Nimrat Kaur
- Saddened to hear about the passing of Irrfan Khan. What a phenomenal talent and dearly touched everyone’s heart with his versatility. May god give peace to his soul – Virat Kohli
- With a heavy heart I post this tweet . A phenomenal actor , such an inspiration his performances have been for me . He battled for his life but sadly leaves us today . RIP Irrfan Khan . OM Shanti – Anushka Sharma
- The charisma you brought to everything you did was pure magic. Your talent forged the way for so many in so many avenues.. You inspired so many of us. #IrrfanKhan you will truly be missed. Condolences to the family. – Priyanka Chopra
- Irrfan Khan was a true artist, possibly the truest one we had. An amazing human being. Everyone in this country and the world rooted for him. Because of his talent, his humility, what he overcame, what he accomplished. Thank you for your art and your advice. Gone too soon – Vir Das
- When we thought nothing could make us feel worse,this happened. I think I will refuse to believe you are no more by watching all your work time n again n again n again. I have known you that way n shall continue to know you that way for ever. You ARE the best we have – Taapsee
This loss feels so personal for all the movie lovers. He is an exceptional and one of a kind actor, can never be replaced. He can perform any role with ease. RIP Irrfan. Gone, but never forgotten.